Let’s Spread the Love in German – My Liebster Award
That’s it. I finally augmented my chances to meet Charlize Theron on the red carpet! And all thanks to my dear blogger friend Leanne Le Cras from crestingthehill who nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. (Yep, it’s official, I’m a celebrity now. Move over Kim Kardashian, here I come).
What is the Liebster Award, some of you might ask?
Well, up until now I didn’t know much about it either. So, for those of you who like me aren’t familiar with this virtual recognition, here are a few facts:
– The name comes from German (and since I’m a German expert, I should know it well), where Liebster means Beloved.
– And lots of love is being shared together with this award. Basically, it’s a kind of digital recognition, presented in the name of friendship and mutual support, and designed to introduce new friends to the blogging community.
– As part of the nomination, we have to answer a few questions about our blog and us, thus making others discover our digital musings.
I’m really excited about being nominated for this award, especially since it’s coming from my dear friend Leanne, whom I’ve met a few months ago on the digital platform and whose incredible writing served as heartwarming inspiration ever since.
* * *
Now, here come the answers:
How did you decide on the name of your blog?
This was an easy thing to do. Since I was going completely nuts while being stuck in the middle of a midlife crisis, I quickly came up with the according name: Midlife Crisis Nut. Now, as some of you will notice, being a Nut is a very convenient way of being. It allows you to be totally bonkers without anybody questioning your sanity since you’re personally calling yourself a Nut. You can write about being a nymphomaniac at parties, sexing things up after 40 by dropping the soap, making love to Ryan Gosling three times a week (at least in virtual reality), swimming naked in Paris at night, ditching your University title for washing dishes, and drinking bubbly from dawn to midday – and nobody will raise an eyebrow.
Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
The ideas have been stuck in my head for a long time. Through blogging they finally found a way out into the stratosphere without having to consult a therapist or joining the Desperate Midlife Wives Club.
What is it that you love most about blogging?
That it allows me to annoy other bloggers (especially Women of Midlife) with my wicked musings. But on the serious note, the freedom of expression and that I can be my own boss while producing the most brilliant and thought provoking writing ever (I’m still working on this one).
What is your favorite food?
What about chocolate from Maison du Chocolat and macarons from Ladurée? My personal secret to remaining slim in France is eating just this (meaning, no other food is involved, expect maybe cheese on occasion).
What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
Gallons of cheap Champagne. And did I mention, Champagne?
What is an item you cannot live without?
Well, to disappoint you it’s not an iPhone but something a little bit more old-fashioned, such as post-its. There is no way I could survive a single day without a stack of little yellow papers. As I said to my daughter the other day: if it’s not on it, it’s nowhere (and certainly not in my brain).
What are eleven random facts about you?
I’m an obsessive-compulsive, type A perfectionist (ok, that’s already three). Here’s the remaining eight: I’m a self-taught painter, specializing in nudes (Mommy, why are there so many naked ladies on the walls in our house?). I compose piano pieces while trying to copy the music of Ludovico Einaudi. To the dismay of my husband, I love to redecorate houses (which makes ma a kind of Martha Stewart of our village – except the fame and the income). I build eye-candy mobile apps. I speak five languages, including the one of Goethe and Chopin (on a daily basis I speak three: one with my husband, one with my kids and one with my mom – and most of the time I get mixed up with at least one of them). I do love gardening, but deep in my heart I dream of a young hot gardener taking care of the lawn and the like. I have this fetishistic obsession about 6″ platform heels (with preference to Louboutins), but since I’m unable to walk in them further than to the bar or the restaurant table, I almost always end up walking barefoot to the car carrying them in my hand.
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
The Island of Mauritius, Hotel Prince Maurice. I’ve spent there the most incredible ten days a few years ago. Having travelled the world, I’m yet to find a place (besides of course the local Hotel Le Meurice in Paris) that equals this one in terms of peace, class and outstanding service. In this piece of paradise wishes are read from your lips before you even open your mouth. I could move there permanently without question!
If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
Coco Chanel (and not only because she’s like Charlize Theron and me – a Leo). A fascinating personality who’s changed the fashion world forever. I feel this inner connection with her because of the way she was carrying herself, this immense pride, dignity and drive, coming from somebody of such humble beginnings. She taught me that there are no limits if we really want to achieve something. A true inspiration!
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Yoga – naked on the grass (ok, maybe without the naked part, although it sounds really tempting). I love the feeling of lawn tickling my feet when I go through my set of postures.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’m glad you asked. I’ll either be the first person to win the Nobel Prize for silliness, or Time Magazine will feature my face for real on their annual cover for being the first blogger who has traveled in space (without a helmet).
* * *
Hereby I would like to nominate a few of my blogging friends for the Liebster Award:
Instructions for the nominees of the Liebster Award:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do the following:
– Write a post about the fact that you’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award.
– In this post, link back to and show some love to the person who nominated you, also nominate 11 (or less) other new blogs that would not have more than 1000 followers. Let these nominated bloggers know that you have nominated them and provide a link back to your page to ensure that they are familiar with the Award.
– Display the Award in your post and in your side bar.
– Answer the questions about yourself.
– Put your post with your nominated blogs for the Liebster Award, on social media. Spread the love!
Here are your questions:
- How did you decide on the name of your blog?
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- What is it that you love most about blogging?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
- What is an item you cannot live without?
- What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Let’s spread the love in German!
Thank You Leanne!