21 Mind-blowing Facts You Didn’t Know About Women
1. Women speak an average of 20,000 words daily compared to only 7,000 words for men, according to research at the University of California. This means that on average, women talk nearly three times as much as men.
3. An average woman will spend $15,000 on makeup products during her lifetime, including: $3,770 for mascara and 2,750 for eye shadow.
4. Women’s hearts are smaller than men’s and beat a little faster. The average heart rate of a man is 70 beats/minute, and that of a woman is 78 beats/minute.
5. It probably doesn’t come as a surprise that women break wind (in other words fart) less often than men. However, the odour they produce is far worse due to significantly greater concentrations of hydrogen sulphide.
6. Women cry on average between 30 and 64 times a year, compared to men crying on average between 6 and 17 times per year, according to the German Society of Ophthalmology.
7. Blonde women have higher levels of oestrogen than darker-haired women. They also have more hair, with an average of 130,000 hairs, compared to 100,000 for brunettes and 80,000 for redheads.
2. Women are less prone to hiccups than men. Charles Osborne entered in the Guinness World Records as the man with the longest attack of hiccups, lasting 68 years and generating estimated 430 million hiccups.
8. During her lifetime an average woman will spend approximately 17.2 years dieting. She will lose her body weight 9.1 times.
9. Women experience pain differently than men. On average, women have twice as many pain receptors as men, leaving them with 34 nerve fibers per square centimeter of facial skin, and men only 17.
10. Women blink more often then men. Spontaneous blink rate is significantly larger in women than in men (19 versus 11 blinks per minute). Older women blink more frequently than younger women, according to ophthalmic research.
13. A woman spends an average of 2 years of her life time looking at herself in the mirror. A man spends 6 months.
14. Four in ten women would rather go shopping than have sex. Researchers estimated that an average woman will spend 8 years of her life shopping, while spending $20,557 in her lifetime on shoes alone.
15. Chocolate does affect women differently than men, according to A. Auger of UW-Madison. Women’s craving for chocolate has its origins in evolution, rooted in the female’s cyclic rise and fall of estrogen and progesterone.
16. Left breast is larger than the right in 62% of women. This is due to the left breast’s proximity to the heart, a greater number of arteries and veins, and a protective layer of fat surrounding the heart located beneath it.
17. Women need to carry about 80,000 calories of fat in order to get pregnant. This fuel is necessary to carry and feed a baby.
18. Women orgasm in their sleep, says science. While men will have physical evidence of an orgasm (yes, male sleep orgasms are better known as “wet dreams”), women will have only the memory.
19. Women lie half as much as men. Researchers found that men lie six times a day on average, but women come up with just three lies.
20. Women make fewer impulsive decisions than men. This is due to the fact that the decision-making part of the brain is bigger in women, but also because they have far less testosterone flowing through their brains.
21. The average woman will go through nine pounds of lipstick in her lifetime.